Fort Shafter, HI Image 1
    Fort Shafter, HI Image 2

    Fort Shafter, HI Housing and Relocation Information

    Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH)

    The military provides two options for the use of your BAH. The first is living on post. provides you with the necessary information to complete that request.

    Your second option is using your BAH to rent or buy a home off post. provides you with a military-friendly process and pricing for those looking to maximize the use of their BAH.

    On Post Housing (Rent On Post)

    You can contact the housing office at (888)458-8933. Renting on post housing can include wait times and accommodations may not be available.

    Off Post Single Family Homes

    For those who are not ready to buy a home, and are looking to rent, check our database for available listings in the area. Click here for Single Family Rentals. Click here for Apartments for Rent.

    Surrounding Cities of Fort Shafter

    Cities around Fort Shafter (Purchase a Home) There are plentiful housing opportunities off post for those looking to get into a new home. The cities around this installation are Honolulu, Waimalu, Kaneohe, Aiea, Waipahu, Wahiawa, and Pearl City.

    Search Shafter area Real Estate Listings

    Contact a local Real Estate Agent

    Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations

    Fort Shafter is the headquarters of the United States Army Pacific, commanding most Army forces in the Asia-Pacific region. Fort Shafter is situated among stately plantation-style homes and royal palm trees in south Oahu in the town of Kalihi.

    Housing at Fort Shafter and Schofield Barracks (also on Oahu) consists of over 7000 housing units, and military personnel are asked to check in at the Housing Referral Office for available housing options. Depending on the time of year, rank of the soldier and number of bedrooms desired, the waiting list could be as long as 14 months. The cost of living in Hawaii tends to run higher than other U.S. states, and the housing office can provide assistance with specifics. Call (888)458-8933 for further information.